We accept original work from middle and high school students. While we encourage originality, please do not send us work with profanity.
Our magazine accepts literary works of prose, poetry, and visual art pieces. Our team is excited to read your work, but we have a few guidelines for you to follow while submitting your writing.
All work should be submitted by the author (e.g. not a parent or teacher). We are open to simultaneous submissions, but please notify us as soon as possible if your piece(s) have been accepted elsewhere. Submissions should not have been published anywhere else, and if they are published anywhere within six months of appearing in The Boom Site, you must credit us as the original source. If you have any questions please contact us email@example.com.
– We accept prose submissions of short stories, fiction, creative nonfiction, excerpts, screen / play-writing excerpts, and similar works. You may submit up to three prose pieces per issue with a limit of 1,500 words for each work.
– We accept poetry submissions of any style and you may submit up to three poems for each issue.
– We accept visual arts submissions of any style as long it can be viewed in a 2D format.
– Please format your prose and poetry pieces into a PDF or Word file. To ensure unbiased review, do not include your name anywhere on the file.
– Please send your visual arts submission(s) in JPEG or PNG file format. Submissions should be sent in the highest quality possible.
-Check back here often for themed events and giveaways! Or sign up below for our newsletter and be the first to know!